Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Acing the "What's Your Biggest Weakness" Interview Question

This post originally appeared on www.prepary.com. For more articles on answering common interview questions, click here.

When you Google how to answer this question there are a lot of mixed opinions, but they generally fall into one of three camps:

1. Spin a negative into a positive. Such as, “Sometimes I spend too much time checking my work because I want to make sure it is perfect.”
2. Deny having any weaknesses. This one is the least common, and pretty obviously not the way to go.
3. Give an honest answer. Such as, “An area I am trying to work on is public speaking. It is not naturally something I’ve been able to master.”
I firmly believe in option 3. Answer the question honestly… without shooting yourself in the foot. Why?