- What are your long-range and short-range goals and objectives? When and why did you establish these goals, and how are you preparing yourself to achieve them?
- Where do you see yourself three/five/ten years from now?
- How would you describe yourself?
- What qualifications do you have that make you think you will be a successful attorney?
- What two or three accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction?
- What area(s) are you most interested in?
- What three things are most important to you in a job?
- In what kind of work environment are you most comfortable?
- Do you have a geographical preference and, if so, why?
- Why do you think you might like to live in the community in which our firm is located?
- What do you know about our firm?
- Why did you decide to seek a position with our firm?
- Why should I hire you? How can you make a contribution to our firm?
- What are your three main strengths? What are your three main weaknesses?
- Why did you go to law school?
- What law school courses have you liked most/least? Why?
- Are your grades an accurate indication of your talent/potential? Why/Why not?
- Why did you choose your law school?
- What have you learned from your participation in Law Review/Moot Court/Law Journal/Trial Advocacy/paid Law Clerk positions/Externship/volunteer work experience?
- How has your law school experience prepared you to work here?
- Have you interviewed with other firms? If so, where?
- Do you have other current job offers? If so, where?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- If you were going to do something other than practice law, what would you do? Why?
- Do you have questions about my firm that I can
answer for you today?
(Remember, the answer should never be "No.")